Iconic Australian organisation is seeking a seasoned Communications Lead – Social Impact to join their dynamic team. Iconic organisation continuing to grow and innovate Social Impact communications 3 month contract – potential to extend, attractive… Read More
Career defining role as Senior Director Strategic Communications & Marketing with the Victorian State Government, Department of Health.
- The Changing Face of Health
- Career & Community Defining Impact
- Leadership | Inspiration | Progress
Ampersand International is again delighted to proudly partner with the key influencers of the Victorian State Government, Department of Health, to appoint the newly created position of Senior Director, Strategic Communications & Marketing.
This is a mandate of change, inspiration, progress and influence. As Head of the Department of Health’s Strategic Communications and Marketing function, you will be responsible for leading a sizable team in the delivery of a wide range of communications and marketing services and channels that promote portfolio initiatives. The purpose of the pursuit is clear – to ensure Victorians have access to engaging information to support their best health, wellbeing and safety.
The Senior Director, Strategic Communications and Marketing deputises for the Chief Communications Officer (CCO) and works closely with the CCO to shape and deliver strategies that actively position the Department as an innovative voice in the health sector, driving improvement in service delivery and communications, whilst ensuring consistent, relevant and authoritative messaging for its diverse audiences.
The role works collaboratively with the Senior Director, Stakeholder and Consumer Engagement and Director, Public Affairs to co-lead and drive the development of the Department-wide marketing, communications and engagement strategy, the Department-wide narrative and the forward plan for all communications and engagement activity. Effective forward planning will require collaborative relationships with executives from across the Department.
A key element of the role is the provision of high-level, smart strategic advice to the Department of Health Secretary and Ministers, Departmental leadership and key external stakeholders at a time of innovation and reform.
- A motivational leader who can inspire and uplift a diverse team of creative and passionate marketing and communications professionals in a changing landscape?
- Highly skilled in issues management, business partnerships, and the leadership of public-facing marketing and communications functions?
- Adept in navigating complex and sensitive environments whilst maintaining strategic alignment and relevance of communications strategies and approaches?
- A trusted high-level adviser on managing issues and supporting strategic positioning to other leaders of influence and reform?
- Insights-led in your decision making allowing for fact based planning and counsel?
This is a rare and exceptional opportunity to apply your career credentials as a best practice, progressive marketing and communications leader who knows how to inspire change and to create better experiences for their audiences and publics.
This is a role of influence, legacy and game changing impact that you will look back on in years to come and know you played an integral role in the changing face of Health and the future well-being, safety and health experiences of Victorians.
To apply, please forward your application to Hayley James, Founder & Executive Director at Ampersand International, by using the ‘Apply’ link above. We thank you in advance for your expression of interest.