Communications Support Officer
Dynamic and highly reputable charity organisation is seeking a passionate Communications Support Officer to join their collaborative team.
- Dynamic charity organisation – healthcare
- Fantastic entry level communications opportunity
- $65,000 + super + benefits + flexibility (hybrid)
- Sydney CBD location (hybrid), interstate / fully remote an option
- 12 month contract initially
Working as part of the Media and Communications unit, this key role is responsible for providing support to the communications team and helping implement media and communications activity.
Key tasks include supporting communications measurement and reporting processes, social media community management and engagement, coordinating internal communications and supporting the press office.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing copy, including key messages, blogs, news items and personal stories
- Assisting with the development of communications content, including liaising with external suppliers, to ensure that they are delivered on time
- Ensuring accuracy in the development and maintenance of distribution lists
- Coordinating internal communications activities – including collating internal news
- Monitoring and reporting on proactive, reactive, and incidental media coverage
- Analysing, measuring, and reporting on press office and earned media campaign performance, identifying key insights to boost quality and quantity of coverage
- Driving social media moderation. This may include checking social media accounts outside of core business hours when required
- Assisting with the coordination of key meetings and events, including circulating agendas, talking points, run sheets, taking minutes, and coordinating logistics
To be successful, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in communications or a related field
- Some experience in communications or media relations in either an in-house or agency environment
- Passion for public and media relation
- Interest in accurately communications about health issues
- Excellent attention to detail, time and project management skills
- Highly developed organisational skills
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Excellent judgement and interpersonal skills
- Excellent news sense and understanding of Australian media
- High computer literacy, including experience with work processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation programs
You will be entitled to great benefits including generous salary packaging benefits, flexible work options and the opportunity to work from home (fully remote is an option if interstate), discounts on retail outlets and a free in-house Wellness program.
This is a fantastic entry-level career opportunity for an individual who is keen to join an industry leader working with an engaged, high performing team with who offer an inclusive and collaborative culture.
Please contact Holly Ash for a confidential discussion – email@example.com