Unique career opportunity for a passionate Communications and Media Officer to join one of Australia’s leading associations. Dynamic association – professional services Broad communications and media opportunity Attractive salary package + flexibility + benefits Fantastic… Read More
- Dynamic association – professional services
- Broad communications and media opportunity
- Attractive salary package + flexibility + benefits
Fantastic career opportunity for a Communications and Media Officer to join one of Australia’s leading associations for professional services. This leading national body represents a growing community of more than 43,000 professionals.
They are now seeking a confident and collaborative Communications and Media Officer to join their busy and growing team. Reporting into and working closely with the Senior Manager, Communications & Media, the Communications & Media Officer plays a key role in the roll out of communication activities, helping build profile by positioning the organisation as the go-to expert on governance and risk management issues.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with drafting media releases, media responses and articles, member updates and content for social media
- Liaising directly with the media, for both proactive and reactive matters
- Assisting with the production of the monthly News Update, helping ensure topical issues are covered and high writing standards are maintained
- Developing thought leadership projects and reports including reviewing, proofing, and ensuring relevancy to external audiences
- Assisting with the management of their speaking engagement program, helping determine which events we proceed with, liaising with event organisers and assisting with the development of content and presentations for CEO events when required
- Writing for a variety of other channels including the monthly journal, annual report, and speeches when required
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in public relations, communications, journalism, marketing
- A minimum three years’ communications and media experience
- Great writing skills (ideally with experience as a journalist or media adviser), understand the importance of identifying engaging angles and ideas, and be familiar with dealing with fast-paced, changeable news issues
- A strong interest in current affairs and news, particularly issues relating to governance and risk management and the ability to recognise relevant issues and trends
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to quickly communicate complex subject matter to a broad audience
- A creative approach, always looking for ideas and opportunities to maximise the impact, cohesiveness and consistency of initiatives and ‘voice’ across all communication channels
- Ability to manage competing deadlines and tasks effectively, and the confidence to maintain strong relationships across teams
This is a unique career opportunity for a passionate individual to shape this newly created role and make it your own.
Join a highly regarded industry leader working with a collaborative, supportive and dynamic team.
Please contact Holly Ash for a confidential discussion – email@example.com