Iconic Australian organisation is seeking a seasoned Communications Lead – Social Impact to join their dynamic team. Iconic organisation continuing to grow and innovate Social Impact communications 3 month contract – potential to extend, attractive… Read More
Career defining role as Senior Director, Stakeholder & Consumer Engagement for the Victorian State Government, Department of Health.
- The Changing Face of Health
- Career & Community Defining Impact
- Leadership | Inspiration | Progress
Ampersand International is again delighted to proudly partner with the key influencers of the Victorian State Government, Department of Health, to appoint the newly created position of Senior Director, Stakeholder & Consumer Engagement.
This is a mandate of change, inspiration, progress and influence. The Senior Director Stakeholder and Consumer Engagement will shape and deliver strategies that actively position the department as an innovative voice in the health sector, driving improvement in service delivery and engagement, whilst informing consistent, relevant and authoritative messaging for our diverse audiences.
A key element of the role is the provision of high-level, smart strategic advice to our Secretary and Ministers, and departmental leadership about strategic and best practice engagement at a time of innovation and reform.
Initially, the Senior Director will ensure there is a clear department-wide stakeholder engagement framework and strategy that ladders up to a strong department-wide narrative. In the early stages the role will lay the foundation for delivering best practice, coordinated stakeholder, and consumer engagement across the department. Community engagement will be added in a later stage.
In future stages, the role will lead initiatives to significantly uplift strategic and best practice stakeholder engagement, improve risk and reputation management and coordination of related engagement activities across the department. This will include:
- Developing strategy, planning, facilitating best-practice alignment, identifying risks/issues and informing evaluation of engagement initiatives
- Leading a team of high performing experts in the discipline of communications and engagement to support Divisions to plan and execute engagement activities
- Coordinating strategic and best practice communications and engagement activity
- Standardising tools, templates, frameworks, etc.
This role may be required to provide support to other teams across the Branch, including participating in out of hours rosters, providing support for public emergencies, large-scale communications campaigns and other high priority projects.
- A motivational leader who can inspire a diverse team of creative and passionate engagement professionals?
- Highly skilled in issues management, strategic stakeholder relationship management, and the leadership of stakeholder engagement functions?
- Adept in navigating complex and sensitive environments whilst maintaining strategic alignment and relevance of engagement strategies and approaches?
- A trusted high-level adviser on managing issues and supporting strategic positioning?
- Do you have an intimate knowledge of the Health sector, together with an understanding of the mechanics of government?
- IAP2 accredited and hold extensive strategic, and specialised, stakeholder engagement experience?
This is a rare and exceptional opportunity to apply your career credentials as a best practice, progressive leader and influencer of change who knows how to inspire stakeholders and communities alike to create better experiences for this critical portfolio.
To apply, please forward your application to Tim James, Executive Director at Ampersand International, firstname.lastname@example.org