Leading, agile technology organisation Broad corporate communications opportunity Attractive salary package + benefits Dynamic technology organisation is seeking a Corporate Communications Lead to join their collaborative team. Reporting to the Chief Communications and Marketing Officer,… Read More
Unique career opportunity for a Media Relations Manager to join a dynamic, high-profile, consulting firm.
- Top tier global professional services firm
- Lead media relations and thought leadership program
- Attractive salary package + benefits + bonus
Ampersand International is partnering with a leading global professional services firm that provides consulting services to a wide range of clients. They are currently looking to appoint an experienced Media Relations Manager to support brand building and profile-raising activity across Australia.
A key component within a fully integrated marketing and communications function, this high-profile position reports into an impressive Head of Communications, who is well regarded both internally and externally in the market.
- Develop and implement a media relations strategy that builds profile and enhances and protects this clients reputation across Australia.
- Identify, build and manage relationships with journalists and media outlets relevant within the build environment.
- Proactively manage media related service providers – PR agencies, media monitoring and journalist database platforms to ensure optimal return on investment, service delivery and cost effectiveness.
- Work closely with the other members of the Marketing and Communications team to ensure the integration of media relations within the broader marketing and communications function including consistent messages and alignment across channels.
- Work closely with Marketing Managers, integrate earned media elements into marketing & communications programs and campaigns to support campaign objectives and ensure earned media activity is aligned to business priorities.
- Lead the development of a media program to support building market profile of select Arup leaders and thought leaders.
- Upskill SME’s in media engagement capabilities with media advice, key message development and training.
- Promote new business wins, awards, projects, sponsorships etc with appropriate media activity.
- Proactively monitor media and provide early advice in relation to emerging issues to relevant stakeholders.
- Proactively monitor the media landscape and industry commentary to identify competitor activity, industry issues and themes to be considered in the design of Arup initiatives.
- Monitor, measure, assess and report on the effectiveness of Arup earned media activity, refining tactics to optimise impact as required.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing & Communications teams on media related activity relevant cross region.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in PR, Communications, Journalism, Business or relevant.
- Experience in a PR or media relations role gained within a complex, matrixed corporate environment, or agency – ideally with exposure to the built environment.
- Proven experience in developing relationships with stakeholders and consulting on internal and external best practice.
- Technically superior verbal and business writing communication skills, capable of communicating with audiences at all levels with clarity, impact and influence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects with high quality and exceptional customer service
- Previous experience gained from commercial roles advising or working within financial services or growing businesses will be highly regarded.
For more information, please contact Will Dunn on email@example.com