Unique senior opportunity for a Head of Communications and Public Affairs to join one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations. Leading not for profit organisation Broad strategic communications opportunity Attractive salary package One of… Read More
Unique senior opportunity for a Head of Communications and Public Affairs to join one of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations.
- Leading not for profit organisation
- Broad strategic communications opportunity
- Attractive salary package
One of Australia’s largest not for profit organisations is seeking a Head of Communications and Public Affairs to join their dynamic team. With a dual reporting line to both the General Secretary (CEO) and the Chief Operating Officer, this critical role has a high level of visibility across the organisation and works closely with the senior leadership team, key stakeholders and external agencies. This is a highly influential role leading the media and public affairs strategy and activities to promote the organisation and to protect and enhance its reputation.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the external communications strategy and requirements across NSW and the ACT, with a focus on effective communications, building the profile of the organisation and managing its reputation
- Strategic Communications – development of a comprehensive Communication and Brand strategy
- Leading the planning, development and implementation of the media strategy and operating plans
- Media Management – expertly guiding media opportunities that elevate and maintain the organisation’s profile and developing a program of recurring public relations/thought leadership campaigns
- Issues Management – providing expert advice and management of media during crises and issues and proactively anticipating and planning for areas of reputational risks
- Advice and Coaching – providing specialist expertise in communications and media management to support internal and external teams
- Providing expert and proactive program of media training and coaching to senior stakeholders and partnering with Head of Communications and Marketing for internal messaging and channel management
Tertiary qualified in Public Relations, Communications or Business, you are a seasoned and passionate communications professional with extensive experience in strategic communications in a key advisory role including crisis and issues management. You will present with relevant media training and experience, including media relations, corporate positioning, stakeholder relations and reputation management in complex environments. With strong supplier relationship management experience and a demonstrated capacity to cultivate and maintain relationships with media, you have online marketing, digital publishing, brand marketing and social networking experience. Acting as an official spokesperson for the organisation as required, you are a strong communicator with excellent writing and presentation skills and the ability to write press releases and negotiate with media.
Previous experience working for a not for profit, charity or faith-based organisation and leadership experience will be highly regarded.
This is a fantastic senior opportunity for a communications professional who is passionate about working within the not for profit sector and will see you working with a highly regarded values based organisation with a collaborative, team orientated culture.
Please contact Holly Ash for a confidential discussion – email@example.com + 61 416 444 818